Friday, July 2, 2010

The Awesome, The Stupid and The Rupee



THE AWESOME

In anticipation of the upcoming TRON event, I've decided I want a
Light cycle for my birthday. I know what you're thinking. "OH HELLZ YES!!!! I WOULD BUY YOU ONE OF THOSE M-Fers IN LIKE 2 SECONDS IF I ONLY KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE." Well, let me save you some time, dear friends. It just so happens I know where to get a
fully functional and street legal light cycle all for the low, low price of $35,000.
Are you kidding me?
If you get me this, consider us BFFs till the day you or I die, then in heaven (unless you go to Hell) too. Also, to this magnanimous person, I will let you ride it once as a show of my appreciation AND give you a personalized, signed glossy 8"x10" of me flexing or something for your enjoyment. Mom? Dad? Remember that Christmas where the only thing I wanted was a real, live 1977 Pontiac "Firebird" Special Edition Trans-AM just like the one from "The Smokey and the Bandit" that I didn't get that year? Remember the disappointment? Remember when I wanted the
Ferrari 308 GTS from Magnum, PI for my birthday that year? Remember you said "maybe"? Remember how I didn't get it, and you said it was because I made all Cs and Ds on my report card? Well, now you can make it up to me, and we can finally let bygones be bygones. What do you say?

THE STUPID

Okay, so the latest instalment of Twilight hit the theatres over the last week, and I still can't figure out what's the deal...
I understand the the whole "Vampire" thing is hot right now. You've got this, that show True Blood, Larry King Alive!!!, etc. etc... However, the thing is, about as much as I can figure it, this is a story about a teenage girl in heat torn between a vampire or a werewolf. Nobody gets naked or scores and they just mope around in the woods (in the daytime, I might add) talking about how they "crossed oceans of time lookin' for you" and stuff. What is the deal? And if they are like over a hundred years old and she is 17, isn't that some pederast shit? That's what teen aged girls are into? 109 year old high school students? However, it isn't just the teenybopper girls and "metro sexual menz" that are all into it. Check out this report by Yahoo about middle aged housewives who are all obsessed and addicted to this horseshit. Apparently, it is ripping households apart at the seems at an alarming rate. AND it is not just the women getting off on this stuff. Apparently there are dudes too!
Personally, if my wife became fanatical about something as stupid as this and it threatened my marriage, I would actually RUN to the divorce hearing. Forget this silly movie crap, okay? Listen bitches, the only vampire you need is Count Chocula...

THE RUPEE

India is seeking to come up with an international symbol on par with the Dollar, the Pound and The Euro for it's currency, the Rupee.(not to be confused with Rupees)
This is an ambitious project for a currency that is currently worth nothing. High hopes?
There are several new designs and I am personally pulling for #1, because it looks like the "Staff of Ra" from Raiders of the Lost Ark...

No comments:

Post a Comment